AKELEY CITY COUNCIL
OCTOBER 11, 2017
6:00 PM AKELEY CITY HALL
Call the Meeting to Order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Consent Agenda
- Minutes from September 13, 2017 Regular Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report for September
- Administration Finance for September
- September Permits Issued - 1
- City Hall - Melody Boettcher
- FYI Tax Forfeited Land Sale – October 13th, 5:30 pm
- Resolution 13-2017 Adoption of the Hubbard County All-Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Police Department - Jimmy Hansen
- Liquor Store - Lacey Hitchcock
- Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- Road Maintenance
- Locator System
- East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Wosika/Dan Riggs
- New Business
- Resolution 14-2017 Sponsorship of Akeley Paul Bunyan Trailriders ATV Club
MINUTES OF THE AKELEY CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
HELD AT AKELEY CITY HALL 6:00PM, September 13th, 2017
The Akeley City Council met in a regular meeting Wednesday, September 13th, 2017. Mayor Brian Hitchcock called the meeting to order at 6:00pm.
Council members present: Mayor Brian Hitchcock, Dan Riggs, Bobbie Wosika, Billy Krotzer and Margaret Bond-Vorel
Council members absent: None
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited by the Council and attending audience.
- Minutes from August 9th, 2017 Regular Meeting
- Minutes from August 31st, 2017 Special Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report for August
- Administration Finance Report for August
- August Permits Issued – 2
- Bobbie Wosika pointed out a correction needs to be made on the August 9th regular meeting minutes “Dan Riggs made a motion to adjourn at 8:01 pm and Billy Krotzer seconded”, and that Bobbie’s name was misspelled with a Y instead of an IE in the August 31st Special Meeting minutes.
- Motion by Dan Riggs to approve the Consent Agenda with the corrections, seconded by Billy Krotzer, passed.
City Hall – Melody Boettcher
- Discussion of the Preliminary Levy. Melody stated that general fund amount was -$10,359.48 and the County will not accept a negative number. The difference is being split with Highway, streets and roads. The total preliminary levy for 2018 is $185,000.00
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to approve the Levy due on September 25th at $185,000.00, seconded by Bobbie Wosika, passed.
- Melody stated she tried to get other quotes besides Vredenburg Construction for the repairs at City Hall but had no luck, she requested to go forward with Vredenburg to do the work.
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to use Vredenburg Construction for the repairs at City Hall in the amount of $3,700.00, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
Police Department – Jimmy Hansen
- Jimmy reported the sale of the Crown Victoria in the amount of $1,390.50
- Stated he continues to work on cleaning up the town and focusing on the drug issues the best he can.
Liquor Store - Lacey Hitchcock
- Lacey is not present
- Bobbie brought up the discussion of the roof of the liquor store and the need for repairs. Along with if it would be possible to add on to the Muni.
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to table the roof repairs on the muni, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
Parks - Billy Krotzer
- Billy reported the WIFI is better at the campground now. It’s not faster but more people can be on it at a time than before. During the OFF season we can have the internet turned off and then turned back on when the campground is back up and running.
- Melody reported the new campground software will be up and running October 18th and its name is Active.
- Brian Hitchcock read Larry and Cheryl’s letter of resignation.
Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- Permission to transfer the already approved amount of $15,442.20 from savings for the sewer repairs
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to transfer for the sewer repairs from savings in the amount of $15,442.20, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed.
- Kelly reported he got the radio read meters and out of the 75 he has 12 left to install
- Kelly stated he would like a new contract for Sewer cleaning due to the last company we had one through has been out of business for over a year
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to go with the price quote of $6,900.00 from Johnson Jet Line for the Sewer Cleaning and Pipe Inspection, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
- Kelly stated the Christmas decoration have arrived and are stored at the Depot
East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Wosika/Dan Riggs
- Melody reported on the update of the Third Street Encroachment issue. She stated that the commissioners approved our purchase of the tax forfeited properties and a check has been sent for that purchase. A second check has been sent for the fees associated with that purchase. Chip Lohmeier’s estimate time on getting the deed from the State is 6-8 weeks
- Michael Smyth expressed his concern that with the new Dollar General in town there is a lot more traffic and people trying to cross the street from the campground. He was wondering if a crosswalk or a speed sign could be put up to help with the slowing of traffic and the safety of the pedestrians.
- Kristen Fake reported there will be a meeting on Saturday September 23rd at 2:00 pm at City Hall. There are going to be representatives from Park Rapids area that are looking to branch out their brand and possible add Akeley to it. If anyone can make it and represent the city of Akeley and talk about what makes Akeley so great and why people should come to this town.
Motion by Bobbie Wosika to adjourn at 7:01 pm, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed.
Respectfully Submitted by,
MINUTES OF THE AKELEY CITY COUNCIL
HELD AT AKELEY CITY HALL 6:00PM, AUGUST 31ST, 2017
The Akeley City Council met in a Special Meeting Thursday, August 31st, 2017. Acting Mayor Dan Riggs called the meeting to order at 6:00pm.
Council members present: Dan Riggs, Bobbie Wosika, Margaret Bond-Vorel and Billy Krotzer
Council members absent: Brian Hitchcock.
Discussion of the Encroachment of Third Street
Discussion of encroachment agreement and discussion of the septic and how to resolve the situation
Discussion of the value of the 2 parcels.
Motion by Dan Riggs to grant an encroachment agreement for a septic system and drain field under the following terms and conditions: The encroachment may remain in place for 99 years or until one of the following events occur: The street where the septic system and drain field is located is developed by the City of Akeley; the septic system and drain field fall into disrepair so that they are no longer useful; or sewer and water is provided by the City of Akeley. At the earliest of any of these events occurring, the encroachment agreement shall end and be considered null and void, seconded by Bobbie Wosika, passed.
Motion by Dan Riggs to grant an encroachment agreement for a retaining wall under the following terms and conditions: The encroachment may remain in place for 99 years or until one of the following events occur: The 99 years have passed; the street that is encroached by the retaining wall is developed by the City of Akeley; or the retaining wall falls into disrepair so that it is no longer useful. At the earliest of any of these events occurring, the encroachment agreement shall end and be considered null and void, seconded by Billy Krotzer, passed.
Motion by Bobby Wosika to adjourn at 6:46pm, seconded by Billy Krotzer, passed.
Respectfully submitted by:
1-2016 RESOLUTION- CONSIGNMENTS
2-2016 RESOLUTION Bank Sig
3-2016 payments without prior authorization
4-2016 Resolution auto payments
5-2016 Resolution EFT's
6-2016 Petty Cash Debit Card Resolution Transferring funds
7-206 Resolution Amending Resoluion 26-2015
8-2016 Resolution Transferring funds
9-2016 Resolution for grants
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer
If you wish to file a Civil Rights Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http;//www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W. Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org