AKELEY CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
MARCH 8, 2017
6:00 PM AKELEY CITY HALL
Call the Meeting to Order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Consent Agenda
- Minutes from February 8, 2017 Regular Meeting
- Minutes from February 22, 2017 Special Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report for February
- Administration Finance Report for February
- February Permits Issued - 0
- City Hall - Melody Boettcher
- FYI Local Board of Appeal & Equalization – April 18th at 1:00 pm
- FYI Hubbard County Multi-Hazard Mitigation Planning Team Meeting
– March 23rd 10:00 am
- Resolution 9-2017 Funds Transfer
- Resolution 10-2017 Amending Fund Balance Policy
- Fund Balance Update
- Police Department - Jimmy Hansen
- Liquor Store - Lacey Hitchcock
- Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- FYI Well-Head Protection Contingency Plan – Public Hearing April 12th 5:30
- East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Wosika
- February Minutes
- Joint Powers Agreement
- EHCFD Payment Schedule
- Old Business
- Update on Vacation of City Streets and Alleys
- Holiday Decorations
MINUTES OF THE AKELEY CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
HELD AT AKELEY CITY HALL 6:00PM, February 8th, 2017
The Akeley City Council met in a regular meeting Wednesday, February 8th, 2017. Mayor Brian Hitchcock called the meeting to order at 6:00pm.
Council members present: Mayor Brian Hitchcock, Dan Riggs, Bobbie Wosika, Billy Krotzer & Margaret Bond-Vorel.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited by the Council and attending audience.
- Minutes from January 11th, 2017 Regular Meeting
- Minutes from January 25th, 2016 Special Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report for January
- Administration finance January
- January Permits Issued – 0
- Motion by Bobbie Wosika to approve the Consent Agenda, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed.
City Hall – Melody Boettcher
- FYI-Board of Appeal and Equalization for the City of Akeley is April 18th 2017 at 1:00 pm at City Hall
- FYI-Hubbard County Multi-Hazard Mitigation Planning Team Meeting is March 23rd at 10:00 am in the basement of the Sheriff’s Office
- FYI-There is no resolution for the Debt Service Account due to the fact those funds were taken out of the water account already
- Melody spoke with Todd Hagen from Ehlers. It was determined that the water and sewer accounts are not traditional enterprise funds. Todd recommended that any monies over the 40% for fund balance be put in a CD for a future water project or buy down interest on the bond something along those lines. The money would not to be able to be used for general fund purchases.
- Discussion of having a special meeting to continue the Fund Balance process. Motion by Brian Hitchcock for a Special Meeting Tuesday February 21st at 6:00 pm, seconded by Dan Riggs, Passed.
Police Department – Jimmy Hansen
Liquor Store - Lacey Hitchcock
- Stated at the Special Meeting she would like the topics of Finance, remodel and renovations of the Muni to be discussed.
- Reported Bingo is officially starting on Tuesday February 21st at 6:00 pm
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to rescind previous motion, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock at the Special Meeting on February 22nd, discuss the finance, remodel and renovations of the Muni, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
Parks - Billy Krotzer
Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- Well-Head Protection Contingency Plan-Public Hearing is at 5:30 pm April 12th at City Hall
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to approve the Well-Head Protection Public Hearing on April 12th at 5:30, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Wosika
- Bobbie Wosika went over January minutes
- Discussion of EHCFD joint powers agreement
- Discussion to revert to old 4.1 or have an explanation of it
- Motion by Dan Riggs for version 2 of 5.4, Income from Fire Service Calls, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed.
- Discussion of the Holiday Decorations that was tabled from the last meeting, that topic is still in the works.
- Update on the Vacation of the City Streets and Alleys, the hearing was February 3rd, 2017 at 8:30 am at the Hubbard County Courthouse. Currently all the attorneys have 4 weeks to submit their written argument, the judge will review it and make the decision.
- Colleen Oestreich-DNR Grant for an ATV crossing, this year looking at applying for the recreational grant called the Federal Recreational Trail Program. The city’s portion of the cost for the funds of the project would be a 25% match ($50,000.00).
- Motion by Dan Riggs to approve resolution 8-2017 Supporting Application where the City is applying for a DNR Grant for All Terrain Vehicle Crossover, seconded by Billy Krotzer, passed.
- Chuck Andress made a report it’s a slow going process on the Park Bathrooms but he is still trying.
Motion by Dan Riggs to adjourn at 7:10 pm, seconded by Bobbie Wosika, passed.
Respectfully Submitted by,
MINUTES OF THE AKELEY CITY COUNCIL
HELD AT AKELEY CITY HALL 6:00PM, FEBRUARY 22ND, 2017
The Akeley City Council met in a special meeting Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017. Mayor Brian Hitchcock called the meeting to order at 6:00pm.
Council members present: Dan Riggs, Billy Krotzer, Bobbie Wosika and Margaret Bond-Vorel
Council members absent: None
Discussion of End-of-Year Treasure’s Reports and the determination of the Debt Service Fund use. Melody will draft a resolution for the next meeting.
Discussion of Fund Balance Policy, Cash Account Review and a review of what the overages are after the 40% has been retained in the general checking.
Discussion of the Determination of Unassigned Funds as to what percentage to have the Park and the Muni set in the Fund Balance Policy.
Motion by Billy Krotzer to change the Fund Balance Policy with the Park Fund being 50% and the Liquor Store 15%, seconded by Bobbie Wosika, passed.
Discussion of Transfer of Funds for Water & Sewer Accounts.
Motion by Brian Hitchcock to transfer $214,265.50 from the Water & Sewer account, placing $100,000.00 into a CD for a 3 year term and the remaining balance of $114,265.50 move to savings for Special Projects, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed.
Discussion of resurfacing the first block of Hulet Avenue (by Dollar General) and reviewed the bid received from Howard’s Driveway.
Discussion of purchasing new truck for the maintenance department from Park Rapids Ford.
Motion by Dan Riggs to purchase a new 2017 F series truck from Park Rapids Ford in the amount of $30,665.00, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed.
Discussion of purchasing a new squad car for the Police Department.
Motion by Bobbie Wosika to purchase a new 2017 Ford Explorer for the Police Department from Park Rapids Ford to spend up to $27,371.00, seconded by Billy Krotzer, passed.
Discussion of purchasing new Christmas lights for the light poles and a side by side for the Campground.
Motion by Bobbie Wosika to purchase a side by side for the Akeley City Campground in the amount of $9,775.00, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed.
Motion by Billy Krotzer to put $15,898.93 into the Capital Improvement Fund Savings Account, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
Discussion of Capital Improvement Plan and what we want to do for future plans for the city.
Liquor Store Financial Review with discussion of increase of around $20,000 in receipts for 2016 and a decrease in disbursements. This decrease was mainly in part to the amount that was transferred to savings in 2014 was $20,000 and capital improvements were made in 2015 in excess of $16,000.
Discussion of Liquor Store Remodel in both On and Off Sale and installation of the new cooler.
Motion by Billy Krotzer to purchase a new cooler from Tweeton Refigeration in the amount of $29,175.00 for the Muni, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed.
Motion by Brian Hitchcock to move $48,321.07 from Liquor Store Fund to Capital Improvement Savings for Liquor Store, seconded by Bobbie Wosika, passed.
Motion by Dan Riggs to adjourn at 8:33 pm, seconded by Bobbie Wosika and passed.
Respectfully submitted by:
1-2016 RESOLUTION- CONSIGNMENTS
2-2016 RESOLUTION Bank Sig
3-2016 payments without prior authorization
4-2016 Resolution auto payments
5-2016 Resolution EFT's
6-2016 Petty Cash Debit Card Resolution Transferring funds
7-206 Resolution Amending Resoluion 26-2015
8-2016 Resolution Transferring funds
9-2016 Resolution for grants
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer
If you wish to file a Civil Rights Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http;//www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W. Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at email@example.com