AKELEY CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
AUGUST 9, 2017
6:00 PM AKELEY CITY HALL
Call the Meeting to Order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Consent Agenda
- Minutes from July 12, 2017 Regular Meeting
- Minutes from July 24, 2017 Special Meeting
- Minutes from July 24, 2017 Work Session
- Treasurer’s Report for July
- Administration Finance for July
- July Permits Issued - 0
- City Hall - Melody Boettcher
- Budget Workshop
- Upgrade of Computer Equipment
- Repairs to City Hall
- Police Department - Jimmy Hansen
- Sale of Crown Victoria
- Old Laptop
- Liquor Store - Lacey Hitchcock
- Update on Remodel
- Repair/Replace Roof
- Parks - Billy Krotzer
- WIFI in the Campground
- Repairs to Paul Bunyan
- Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- Truck Plow
- Radio Read Meters
- Lift Stations
- East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Wosika/Dan Riggs
- Old Business
- Update on Third Street Encroachment
- Close Meeting - Department Head Employee Evaluations
- Jimmy Hansen
- Kelly VandenEykel
- Lacey Hitchcock
- Melody Boettcher
AKELEY CITY COUNCIL
BUDGET WORK SESSION
JULY 24TH, 2017 @ 6:30 PM
The Akeley City Council met in a Work Session Monday July 24th, 2017. Mayor Brian Hitchcock called the meeting to order at 7:43 pm which followed the Special Meeting at 6:30.
Council Members Present: Brian Hitchcock, Dan Riggs, Bobbie Wosika, Margaret Bond-Vorel & Billy Krotzer.
Employees Present: Jimmy Hansen and Melody Boettcher
- Item for discussion on the agenda is budget
- Discussed increasing the cemetery to $1,500.00
- Discussed increasing the Fire Department
- Discussed changing the police aide
- Discussion of wage increase for council who attend the Fire Board meetings
- Discussion of wage and salaries with the 2% increase for administration along with Melody working less hours and Spring working more.
- Discussion of increasing the city attorney
- Discussion of increasing Police hours and adding a part time deputy when Jimmy is not available
- Discussion of increasing machinery and equipment by $1,000.00 under highways streets and roads
- Discussion of adding in cost of dumpsters for City cleanup
- Discussion of increasing uniforms by $100 for maintenance
Motion by Bobbie Wosika to Adjourn at 9:25 pm, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
Respectfully Submitted By;
City of Akeley
MINUTES OF THE AKELEY CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
HELD AT AKELEY CITY HALL 6:00PM, July 12th, 2017
The Akeley City Council met in a regular meeting Wednesday, July 12th, 2017. Mayor Brian Hitchcock called the meeting to order at 6:00pm.
Council members present: Mayor Brian Hitchcock, Dan Riggs, Bobbie Wosika and Margaret Bond-Vorel
Council members absent: Billy Krotzer
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited by the Council and attending audience.
- Minutes from June 14th, 2017 Regular Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report for June
- Administration Finance Report for June
- June Permits Issued – 0
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to approve the Consent Agenda along with the addition to move up the Old Business with Steve Bolton to the first bullet under City Hall, seconded by Bobbie Wosika, passed.
- Discussion on the update of the Vacation of City Streets and Alleys, presented by city attorney Steve Bolton and Jerry Tatro’s attorney.
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to table the above matter until a special meeting is scheduled and all council members are present, seconded by Bobbie Wosika, passed.
- Discussion and review of City Ordinances on Nuisances
- Discussion on Ordinances for Mobile homes and RVs
City Hall – Melody Boettcher
- Request to schedule a Budget Workshop
- Motion by Dan Riggs to have a Budget Workshop on July 24th, 2017 at 6:30, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed.
- Discussion of the Propane Contract and that it is up for renewal. There is 2,264 gallons left of the 6,800 that we started out with. Last year which we paid .99 cents, it went up .15 cents this year. The price then would be $1.14/gal totaling $7,752.00 for the 6,800 gallons.
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to renew the LAC High Volume Contract for the price of $1.14/gal for 6,800 gallons totaling $7,752.00, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
- FYI the handicap parking in front of City Hall, due to customer concerns what steps we are taking to make it official handicap parking.
- Discussion of having the lighting in City Hall upgraded
- Motion by Bobbie Wosika to have Hansen’s Electric upgrade the lighting in City Hall in the amount of $3,633.61, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
Police Department – Jimmy Hansen
- Stated the old squad car was taken apart and that Sentence to Serve was removing the decals and getting it ready to be sold
- Discussion of the sale of the Dodge was $1,206.00, $120.60 went for commission and the City received a total $1,085.40
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to table the sale of the Crown Victoria until the next meeting, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
- Discussion of donation the old light bar off the Crown Victoria or one of the old light bars, to the Eastern Hubbard County Fire District (EHCFD).
- Motion by Dan Riggs to donate one of the light bars to the EHCFD, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed.
Liquor Store - Lacey Hitchcock
- Reported that the first Sunday the Muni was open it did very well
Parks - Billy Krotzer
- Discussion of some theft going on down at the campground, people taking coolers. Going to look into putting up No Trespassing signs see if that helps
- Discussion of getting new software for the campground. Very unsatisfied with the current one, along with many customer complaints of not being user friendly.
Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- Kelly reported Herb broke Gerald Tesch’s window mowing lawn, a rock was thrown from the mower
- Stated some work will need to be done on a few of the lift stations
East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Wosika/Dan Riggs
- Paul Bunyan Statue has some damage and have John’s Body Shop come and repair it as well as report it to the Insurance Company
- Discussion of a workers comp case that has been going on since 2015 and a settlement for loss of wages that came in at $55,000.00.
- Discussion of MnDOT in the year of 2022 redoing highway 34
- Update from Chuck Andress on the new bathrooms at the Paul Bunyan Park
- FYI from Kristin Fake that National Night out is August 1st, games start at 4:00 and food is at 5:00.
Close Meeting-Department Head Employee Evaluations
- Motion by Bobbie Wosika to table evaluations until the August meeting, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
Motion by Dan Riggs to adjourn at 7:35 pm, seconded by Brian Hitchcock, passed.
Respectfully Submitted by,
MINUTES OF THE AKELEY CITY COUNCIL
HELD AT AKELEY CITY HALL 6:30PM, JULY 24TH, 2017
The Akeley City Council met in a Special Meeting Monday, July 24th, 2017. Mayor Brian Hitchcock called the meeting to order at 6:30pm.
Council members present: Dan Riggs, Bobbie Wosika, Margaret Bond-Vorel and Billy Krotzer
Council members absent: None.
Discussion of the Encroachment of Third Street
Motion by Dan Riggs to accept the proposal along with the Tatros paying any attorney fees pertaining to the process including the changing of the legal description, seconded by, Billy Krotzer, passed.
Discussion of some City Ordinances with the city attorney Steve Bolton, and having Steve look into what can be done legally to make the necessary changes.
Motion by Bobby Wosika to adjourn at 7:35pm, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed.
Respectfully submitted by:
1-2016 RESOLUTION- CONSIGNMENTS
2-2016 RESOLUTION Bank Sig
3-2016 payments without prior authorization
4-2016 Resolution auto payments
5-2016 Resolution EFT's
6-2016 Petty Cash Debit Card Resolution Transferring funds
7-206 Resolution Amending Resoluion 26-2015
8-2016 Resolution Transferring funds
9-2016 Resolution for grants
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer
If you wish to file a Civil Rights Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http;//www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W. Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at email@example.com