AKELEY CITY COUNCIL
APRIL 12, 2017
6:00 PM AKELEY CITY HALL
Call the Meeting to Order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Consent Agenda
- Minutes from March 8, 2017 Regular Meeting
- Treasurer’s Reports for March – Not Available
- Administration Finance Report for March – Not Available
- March Permits Issued - 0
- City Hall - Melody Boettcher
- FYI Local Board of Appeal & Equalization – April 18th at 1:00 pm
- Extension of Audit
- Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan (MHMP) Update
- Police Department - Jimmy Hansen
- Liquor Store - Lacey Hitchcock
- Parks – Billy Krotzer
- STS Clean-up of Campground
- Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- Hulet Avenue Project
- City-Wide Clean-Up
- East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Wosika/Dan Riggs
- March Minutes
- Joint Powers Agreement
- Old Business
- Update on Vacation of City Streets and Alleys
- New Business
- Paul Bunyan Days
- Charles & Shirly Dennis Property
MINUTES OF THE AKELEY CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
HELD AT AKELEY CITY HALL 6:00PM, March 8th, 2017
The Akeley City Council met in a regular meeting Wednesday, March 8th, 2017. Mayor Brian Hitchcock called the meeting to order at 6:00pm.
Council members present: Mayor Brian Hitchcock, Dan Riggs, Bobbie Wosika, Billy Krotzer & Margaret Bond-Vorel.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited by the Council and attending audience.
- Minutes from February 8th, 2017 Regular Meeting
- Minutes from February 22nd, 2017 Special Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report for February
- Administration Finance Report for February
- February Permits Issued – 0
- Motion by Bobbie Wosika to approve the Consent Agenda, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
City Hall – Melody Boettcher
- FYI-Board of Appeal and Equalization for the City of Akeley is April 18th 2017 at 1:00 pm at City Hall
- FYI-Hubbard County Multi-Hazard Mitigation Planning Team Meeting is March 23rd at 10:00 am in the basement of the Sheriff’s Office in Park Rapids.
- Discussion of Resolution 9-2017 the closing out of the water project fund and has a balance of $20,263.12.
- Motion by Billy Krotzer to approve Resolution 9-2017 Transferring Funds From the 2015 Water Project Fund, Seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed.
- Discussion of Resolution 10-2017 Amending Fund Balance Policy with the changes of the Park Fund to 50% and the Liquor Store to 15%.
- Motion by Dan Riggs to approve Resolution 10-2017 Amending the Fund Balance Policy, seconded by Bobbie Wosika, passed.
- Discussion of Fund Balance Update
Police Department – Jimmy Hansen
- Jimmy requested from the council to approve up to $10,000 from savings to spend on equipment for the new squad car.
- Motion by Bobbie Wosika for Jimmy to spend up to $10,000 from the squad car savings on equipment for the new squad car, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed.
Liquor Store - Lacey Hitchcock
- Lacey was not present, Bobbie reported she would have all the bids back for the April meeting. Also now that the new liquor bill has passed the will be open 11 am to 6 pm starting July 2nd.
Parks - Billy Krotzer
Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- FYI the Well-Head Protection Contingency Plan-Public Hearing is at 5:30 pm April 12th at City Hall
- Kelly has been getting bids for the resurfacing of Hulet Avenue and should have firm bids for the April meeting
East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Wosika/Dan Riggs
- Dan Riggs went over February minutes
- Discussion of EHCFD joint powers agreement
- Motion by Dan Riggs to extend for 90 days, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed. Bobbie Wosika opposed.
- Melody presented the new EHCFD Payment Schedule.
- Melody reported an update on the Vacation of the City Streets and Alleys. The City Attorney sent the Court our closing remarks. The Court has not sent back a ruling.
- Discussion of purchasing the new Holiday Decorations before the end of the month for a better deal
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to purchase Holiday Decorations with the amount up to $9,000, seconded by Billy Krotzer, passed.
Motion by Dan Riggs to adjourn at 7:10 pm, seconded by Bobbie Wosika, passed.
Respectfully Submitted by,
1-2016 RESOLUTION- CONSIGNMENTS
2-2016 RESOLUTION Bank Sig
3-2016 payments without prior authorization
4-2016 Resolution auto payments
5-2016 Resolution EFT's
6-2016 Petty Cash Debit Card Resolution Transferring funds
7-206 Resolution Amending Resoluion 26-2015
8-2016 Resolution Transferring funds
9-2016 Resolution for grants
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer
If you wish to file a Civil Rights Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http;//www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W. Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org